Congregation Shir Ami's Vision
- We practice a Judaism that stimulates the mind and enlivens the soul.
- We affirm diversity and welcome newcomers, while maintaining commitment to intimacy.
- With music at the heart of our identity, we reach toward the sacred and find powerful spiritual expression uniting our voices in song.
- We believe our ancient words retain contemporary relevance. Through study and worship, we find wisdom, insight, perspective and direction.
- We believe each individual can engage with our texts and traditions and find personal meaning within ritual; so too we affirm a commitment to tikkun olam (repair of the world) and the connection between study and action.
- Our community fosters meaningful connections which multiply our joys and sustain us through painful times.
- Celebrating Shabbat and holidays connects us to k’lal yisrael (the entire community) and to one another.